Instant Pot Garlic Herb Rice Pilaf, the perfect side dish for almost any grilled or roasted chicken, fish, or meat dinner, as well as being super easy to make.
For this particular recipe I am sharing my Instant Pot instructions, but you can certainly make it on the stove top as well. You can get the stove top method on my Greek Rice Pilaf Recipe, and while you’re there learn how I batch prep the dry ingredients to always have some on hand for quick and delicious side dishes.
The master recipe for rice pilaf stays the same, while you modify the seasonings, herbs and stocks to match the meals you wish to serve them with. Limitless possibilities, ultimate flexibility, healthier than store bought, and truly delicious, you will never need to buy those pre-made packages of rice mixes again.
If you are interested in more great recipes, quick cooking live videos, meal prep and planning tips, join our Facebook Love on a Plate community group, we would love to see you!
Instant Pot Garlic Herb Rice Pilaf
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 3/4 cups long grain white or basmati rice
- 1/4 cup orzo pasta
- 1 Tbsp dry chicken bouillon
- 2 cups water or chicken broth *see note
- 1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 pinches salt
- pinch black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- Set your instant pot to saute on medium heat, add in olive oil, chopped onion, and minced garlic. Saute 2-3 minutes. Stir in rice and orzo and cook another 3-4 minutes to let it brown a bit.
- Add thyme, parsley, salt, pepper and dry chicken bouillon, frozen peas and water or chicken broth and stir well.
- Place your lid on the instant pot, cancel the saute setting and set to high pressure for 6 minutes. Make sure your steam valve is closed.
- When cook time is finished, do a 1 minute no pressure release and then release all remaining pressure by turning the steam valve to open.
- Fluff rice, and stir in Parmesan cheese and 1 Tbsp of butter (optional)