Muffaletta Olive Salad
A simple to prepare “salad” that is complex in it’s flavour profile. Salty, Tangy, Garlicky and fresh, this Muffaletta Olive Salad is a year round favourite with so many uses. You may have heard it called tapenade, or olive spread, maybe Olive Relish? I think it has almost as many names as there are ways to use this delicious, from scratch, Olive Salad.
Delicious Dinner options
It is of course perfect for Muffaletta sandwiches, but once you’ve tasted it, you’re going to want it on everything! Trust me, this recipe is so much more than just another condiment. I highly recommend making a double batch. Store the prepared Olive Salad in the refrigerator for up to 10 o be used in any of these tempting recipes. And if you find yourself eating it right off the spoon, don’t worry, I won’t tell!
- Muffaletta Sandwiches or sliders
- Grilled Chicken & Olive Salad
- Italian Antipasto Pasta Salad
Meal Prep friendly
You might be wondering why this is a Meal Prep recipe as is really a condiment and not a meal. For me, having Fridge Staples on hand that make meal prep easier, healthier and tastier, count. Prepping Olive Salad takes on a few minutes and requires ingredients I normally have on hand.
Having these Meal Prep fridge staples on hand, also means that if plans change, or life happens, I’ve got a selection of ready made quick meals I can choose from.
This keeps me on track, no eating out, no what’s for dinner struggles, the extra time on Meal Prep day is definitely worth it.
Muffaletta Olive Spread (Master Recipe)
Use this Master Recipe to make:
Stuffed Celery Snacks
Olive Spread Tortilla Roll Ups
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pitted Kalamata olives coarsely chopped
- 1 cup pitted green olives coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell pepper coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley chopped
- In a large bowl, stir together all ingredients until evenly combined.
- Serve immediately or place in an airtight container and refrigerate up to one week.
- Use as a sandwich condiment, over cooked chicken, in salads, or with cream cheese on toast.
WANT MORE GREAT RECIPES?
For more great recipes, meal plans, LIVE streamed Quick Cook and Meal Prep Video’s plus so much more, join the Love on a Plate community now. We also have a YouTube channel, that’s new but growing, I’d love it if you would subscribe!
We’d love to know what you think of these recipes if you try them! Share a picture on IG using #loveonaplate, Post your picture on the Love on A Plate group, leave a Comment or Rating below. I think you get the picture! We want to hear from you. @loveonaplate.ca